Wednesday, September 19, 2012

REMINDER! Deadline Approaching!


(This is the latest email I sent out 9/19/12. If you want to be on my email list also, please email me and I will add you to my list!)

Hello!

This is a reminder that the Walton Feed Group Order just has about 1 1/2 weeks left before the deadline!

WHO CAN ORDER?
Anyone, anywhere can place an order with us, or you can start a group order in your area. Please email me for details if you are interested.

DEADLINE
The deadline to turn in orders to your group leader is September 30th. Your group leader might have a different deadline for you. Please follow her deadline.

GROUP LEADER
If you do not know who your group leader is, you can just send your order to me and I will gladly group it with the correct group and notify you who your group leader is.

DELIVERY and BLOG
We are hoping to have at least a few of our trucks delivered before Thanksgiving. We may end up receiving a truck or two in early December, depending on how many trucks we actually fill. We will not have any concrete information until after we turn in our complete group order and Walton Feed can route trucks and make determinations concerning delivery. We usually have several weeks notice of a tentative schedule for each truck, and then we will have 7-10 days notice of exact date and time for each delivery. If you subscribe to my blog, you will receive email notification of delivery schedule updates right as I post them. Just type in your email address where it says "Follow By Email" on the left column.

ATTACHMENTS
There are 3 forms attached. (I cannot attach these to a blog post, so please email me if you need these. macoombs5@comporium.net)

1 - The PDF price list is printable and for your convenience.

2 - The Excel price list is what you should use to turn in your order. All you have to do is fill out the contact information in the top left corner, then type in your quantities. Your order total and weight will automatically be added up at the bottom of the page. Save this to your computer, then you can attach it to an email and send it in to your group leader!

3- What Should I Store PDF - I have attached a form that states recommended foods and amounts. The first page shows a year supply of basics for one person. On the second page I broke it down to a one month supply for one person to help it seem more do-able. This is a great page to copy and use as a handout! The third page is more info and comments if you care to read them. May you be blessed as you work on your food storage and family preparedness. : )

NEW ITEMS
I almost forgot to mention that there are several new items on the list....Gravies, several Quick and Easy Meals, spice mixes, French Vanilla Almond Granola (yum!), roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato dices, dried golden raisins, storage boxes, clear poly bags, and several more. And of course, the favorites are still there: Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables, Freeze Dried Cheeses, lots of different whole grains and beans, Organic Products (now called "Natural"), and a zillion other things! When comparing prices (especially on freeze dried fruits and veggies) make sure you compare how much is actually put into the can! I have noticed that several other companies put much less in their cans (and they won't list how much in in the can!), so keep your eyes open for that!

SPREAD THE WORD
There are so many people buzzing about food storage and really wanting to do an order. Would you please try to email it out to anyone who might be interested, and let people know about it. Feel free to share it with neighbors, friends, family, church groups, homeschool groups, etc. With all that is happening in the world, it's a good time to make sure we have our food storage and supplies in order. Thanks for all you do to help others be prepared. I know that we are blessed as we serve each other!

QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about this order please email me and I will be happy to help! Have a wonderful week! Melissa : )
Melissa Coombs

P.S. - SWEET NOTE from someone who accidentally sent this to me instead of her church group. I thought I would share part of it. It is very wise and timely counsel!

...I would like you to prayerfully think about your food storage. The drought is already driving up food prices and so I would really recommend stocking up now before it gets worse. The Church's Cannery Prices have been steadily going up also. I would also recommend stocking your freezer with meat since corn prices drive meat prices and meat prices will skyrocket. If you think they are high now, just wait. I will again hand out on Sunday some of the Church's recommended storage items so that you can more effectively plan for the future and be in line with Church teachings....

I have a testimony of food storage. It has helped my family live more economically on a budget and eat more healthy. When you plan your food storage don't go into debt, but do be diligent that you may attain the prize and follow the Prophet.... Thanks XXXXXXX (name omitted)