Friday, February 14, 2014
People are always asking me what my favorite products are from Walton Feed, so here is my list! These are not in any particular order...I love them ALL!
1. Super Nutty Granola and French Almond Granola - Oh my goodness, both of these are delicious! I prefer the Super Nutty, and my children prefer the French Almond. Both are fabulous and we sell a lot of it on this order! Definitely worth trying!
2. Refried Beans - I buy these by the bucket! Last month we thought we had run out of these, and there was an uprising from the children..literally! I bought some canned refried beans from the store to get us by until the next order, and the kids thought they were so disgusting! Thankfully a few weeks later I found a bucket stashed in a closet and the kids chowed down again. All you have to do is add water and bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. It has the best flavor!
3. Freeze Dried Pineapple - Have you ever tasted this? Yum, yum and yum! You have got to try these! They are amazing. You can rehydrate them and use them in any recipe calling for pineapple, but I like to munch on them right out of the can! They taste just like fresh pineapple, and have no preservatives! It's a healthy snack! I really love the strawberries and peach slices too! AMAZING fresh tasting fruits!
4. Creamy Honey - This is probably the most loved product on this Walton Feed order. I have people call me up and beg for more because they have run out. I have never tasted anything like it. It's the best honey ever....that pretty much sums it up. If you cannot afford to buy a whole case, find someone to split it with you. You will be happy you did!
5. Ova Easy Eggs - These are the best egg product on the market! They are quite expensive, but worth having them in your storage. I actually use these all the time. I use these when I make my famous cinnamon rolls. You can use these in baking or cooking and will not be able to tell the difference from using fresh eggs. I use them in pancakes, muffins, rolls, cakes, cookies, pies, etc. And I have even scrambled them with some bacon bits and put some cheese on them, and my kids gobbled them up in breakfast burritos. Veggie omelets are amazing too! You can use them to make a bacon, egg and cheese biscuits and no one will ever know! No more emergency trips to the store because you need eggs to make something.
6. Freeze Dried Corn - Love, love love this corn! We like to snack on it right out of the can! It's so sweet! With all of the worries over the toxins in canned food (not to mention excessive sodium, etc.), I will not buy canned corn anymore. I love that freeze dried food has no preservatives or additives or even salt. This is just plain CORN! I use this for all of my recipes that have corn in it. Healthy and delicious! PS - freeze dried broccoli is another favorite!
7. White Flour - I'm not sure where they get their flour, but it's the best I have ever baked with. I cannot find anything in the store that compares to it. It is so soft and silky. I have used the All Purpose Flour, the Bakers Flour, and the Unbleached Flour. It's all wonderful!
8. Chicken Bouillon - What I love the most about this chicken bouillon is that it contains no MSG! It is in a fine granular form and it doesn't take much of this to season your recipe. It has a very nice flavor. I use it in so many recipes! You might want to get this in a small can because it will take a very long time to get through a #10 can of this!
9. Bakon Crumbles - I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein), which is a soy product. But I happen to really like Bakon Crumbles. You are probably familiar with "bacos", which is TVP. Bacos are hard and crunchy, but Bakon Crumbles are much softer, more like real bacon. I use them in eggs, soup, as a topper for baked potatoes, salads, etc. One good thing about TVP is that it really is a good alternative to meat because it is much cheaper and can be healthier. I also use the Taco TVP and the Beef TVP, but I usually use them with ground beef.
10. Basmati Brown Rice - I'm not very knowledgeable about different kinds of rice, but I do know that this one tastes wonderful! It's like a sticky rice, which I love - but it is a whole grain rice and is healthier for you. My children will eat Basmati rice happily, where they are not crazy over regular long grain brown rice. This is definitely my favorite whole grain rice!
OK - one more...
11. White Wheat - I can't forget white wheat! I use more of this than anything else I get from Walton Feed. I grind it fresh almost every day and use it when making pancakes, cookies, breads, rolls, muffins, and whatever! White wheat cooks up a little lighter in color, taste and texture than red wheat, and most people will like it, even if they think they are not crazy over whole wheat products.
I have compared Walton Feed's white wheat to white wheat from other companies, and I have found Walton Feed's to be superior. Once I called a company and ordered a sample of their white wheat, and when I got it, I poured it on a paper plate. Then I put some of Walton Feed's wheat on another paper plate. I was shocked at what I saw! The sample I ordered had several pieces of stems, hulls and weed seeds in it. It also had lots of "inferior" wheat kernels - they were small and misformed, and some were even black. I was surprised they had actually sent me such terrible looking wheat as a sample. Walton Feed's wheat was beautiful and clean, and it made me happy since I had MANY buckets of their wheat stored!
So that's my quick list of favorites! What are yours?
PS - We are doing our Spring Group Order from Walton Feed right now. Anyone can join us. Click HERE to read information about the order. Please email me for the price lists. email@example.com
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Here are the new price lists for the
SPRING 2014 Walton Feed Group Order!
Here is the email I just sent out to everyone on my email list. If you want to be included, please email me and I will add you to my list!
I'm so happy to start this next order, because many people have emailed asking about it! I'm glad y'all are thinking of your food storage and being prepared! All are welcome to join our order! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!
You can order as little or as much as you would like! Walton Feed offers a huge variety of food in #10 cans (about the size of a gallon), #2.5 cans (about the size of a quart), 6 gallon buckets, and bulk bags and boxes. We get a discount from Walton Feed's retail prices and good truck shipping rates. We will have delivery locations all over the east coast from Florida to New York, and several other areas in the central US and west coast. Anyone can start a group in their area! We do this order twice a year.
ATTACHED (email me for the attachments!)
There are 3 forms attached.
1 - The PDF Price List is printable and for your convenience. It can easily be emailed and people can print their own copy. It is in a PDF format, so anyone can open it, regardless of what kind of computer they have.
2 - The Excel Price List is what you should use to turn in your order. All you have to do is fill out the contact information in the top left corner, then type in your quantities. Your order total and weight will automatically be added up at the bottom of the page. Save this to your computer, then you can attach it to an email and send it to your group leader!
3- What Should I Store PDF - I have attached a form that states recommended foods and amounts. The first page shows a year supply of basics for one person. On the second page I broke it down to a one month supply for one person to help it seem more do-able. This is a great page to copy and use as a handout! The third page is more info and comments if you care to read them. May you be blessed as you work on your food storage and family preparedness. : )
The deadline for everyone to have their orders turned in to their group leader is April 5, 2014! Group (or Stake) Leaders need to have their orders to me no later than April 12th. Please follow the deadlines that your group leader gives you! Their deadline for you might be different so they have time to meet my deadline of April 12th. Delivery will most likely be in May and June, possibly a truck in July, and will depend on where we are in line once the order is turned in to Walton Feed. We will not have delivery information until the order is figured out and organized and trucks are routed.
GROUP FOOD STORAGE BLOG!!
I have set up a blog for this order! Those who have ordered can log on at any time and see updates and delivery information for this order! This will make it so much easier for all involved! I would highly recommend for everyone who orders, to sign up to receive email notifications when I post a new update. Just click the link below and type in your email address where it says "Follow By Email".
You can also read some of my posts about food storage and being prepared and see some of my favorite recipes at:
SPREAD THE WORD
There are so many people buzzing about food storage and really wanting to do an order. Would you please try to email it out to anyone who might be interested, and let people know about it. Feel free to share it with neighbors, friends, family, church groups, homeschool groups, etc. With all that is happening in the world, it's a good time to make sure we have our food storage and supplies in order. Thanks for all you do to help others be prepared. I know that we are blessed as we serve each other!
These orders are organized by groups in geographical areas (Stakes). If you need to know who your Group Leader is, please contact me and I will try to get you in touch with the right person.
If you are a past group leader, please let me know if you plan to head up an order this time or not. If you want to start up an order in your area, email me and let me know and I will help you get started. Thanks for all of your time and service to help others get prepared!
If you have any questions about this order please email me and I will be happy to help! Have a wonderful week! Melissa : )